Toronto, ON L4Z 4E7
Type: 12- Month Contract
Our client, a major organization within the financial industry, has asked Bagg Technology Resources to assist them in finding a Project Manager to join their team on a contractual basis. The purpose of this position is to provide overall management for assigned projects. The role also includes managing IT based projects, but there could be some non-IT related projects as well. The Project Manager may be assigned to manage multiple projects at a time.
This is the place where your creativity is valued and encouraged. You’ll have the opportunity to work alongside experts as this organization is extremely inclusive. There’s also lots of opportunities within this organization for various technical roles.
- Manage projects with about 10 team members and a labor budget of $50,000 up to approximately $500,000 (can be converted to man days) including management of vendor costs
- Responsible for ensuring that quality standards are adhered to and projects are completed on time, on specification and on budget
- Ensure that the PMM is followed in the daily course of their work and defined project gates are successfully passed
- Work closely with the resources of other departments to define project scope and prepare all necessary documentation to formally initiate a project
- Closely monitor timelines and project costs to ensure adherence with approved project plans, variances to plan must be documented, reported and escalated if required.
- Responsible for communication management (i.e. the preparation of project, client and executive reports)
- Responsible for managing client and executive communication with some oversight from senior manager
- Assist in the preparation of documents, which may include Statements of Work, estimates, requirements analysis for projects etc.
- Works closely with EPO’s Execution Assurance group in order to comply with defined project gates, move project from one phase to next, and provide weekly project status report
- Prepare project timelines (with input from work package owners) and assist with the determination of a project scope that must be scheduled in manageable components
- Actively manage project scope; prevent unauthorized scope creep and properly document authorized scope changes by following the Client’s established Project Change Management process
- Work with the project team to identify and anticipate issues and risks. Be prepared to actively manage project risks, maintain risk log and escalate risk/issues that are unresolved to senior management
- Participate in team meetings and facilitate team meetings to communicate progress, status, issues, assignments and urgency
- Perform and document post-project reviews with assistance from senior project management or project sponsors
- May provide feedback of team member’s performance on a project for the purposes of the employee’s performance review
- Basic technical understanding of IT infrastructure, application development and experience in client onboarding
- Minimum of 3 years of Project Management experience following a structured project management methodology
- Working knowledge of the PMI’s approach to Project Management and demonstrated successful completion of an introduction to Project Management course
- Understanding of Software Development Life Cycle
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in a related field or equivalent work experience
- Proficient with MS Project, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Position may require minimal travel to the Client’s sites across Canada
- Position may require “off-hours” support during implementations (evening and early morning shifts or weekend work)
To apply, please click Apply Online or submit your resume by email to: OBUresume@bagg.com
View all of our job postings at www.bagg.com
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.