Senior DevOps Specialists
Toronto, ON M5V 3J1
Senior DevOps Specialists
Type: 6-Month Contract
Number of Positions: 2
Our client, a leader in the insurance industry, has asked Bagg Technology Resources to assist them in finding two Senior DevOps Specialists to join their team on a contractual basis.
This is an excellent opportunity to work for a large government organization that can help maximize your potential and develop your career while helping the people of Ontario.
- Identify and define client requirements for the purpose of building a suitable solution to meet the business needs
- Prepare proposals for small to medium size projects or draft components of large proposals, demonstrating the added value to be gained from approval and implementation of the proposed project.
- Analyze user needs using structured systems analysis techniques, working closely with client representatives to develop system specifications indicating clearly what the system is required to do; evaluate alternative system solutions available and recommend proposed approach.
- Design, build and test the system, customizing it as required to meet user requirements, including translating system design into program design specifications and developing program specifications to resolve programming problems.
- Define, analyze and resolve technical issues and develop program specifications.
- Prepare programs for installation and install system, including completion of related documentation; provide installation support (on-site/on-call as required).
- Conduct post implementation reviews and provide technical support and problem resolution as required
- Function as a team representative on multi-branch projects
- Perform other related duties as assigned or required.
- Must be able to work with a team on constructing solutions that fully integrate and collaborate with existing IT systems to solve complex business solutions.
- Must have a holistic view of enterprise solutions, taking into consideration operational costs, security, performance engineering, application development, and systems management.
- Must be capable of playing different roles within the team, from head architect to high-skilled developer and technical leader to specialist and technical mentor.
- Must have a sound understanding of API, enterprise integration patterns, technology architecture and infrastructure but also very good communication skills, with the ability to adapt them to different audiences.
- Very Strong in Java, Angular 2+, Spring 2.0, SpringBoot Microservices
- Experience using backend technologies such as Java, Spring MVC, Oracle, PostgreSQL, MySQL, NoSql and Linux.
- Ability to build the solution construct in Cloud environment and assist with any migration elements
- Excellent skills in NodeJS, AngularJS (Angular 2 preferred)
- Experience and understanding of CI/CD, automated testing using opensource modern frameworks like Selenium, Jenkins etc.
- Strong understanding and experience in designing & developing RESTFul API’s
- Experience in building cloud native applications
- Strong Object Oriented programming experience and knowledge
- Strong understanding of networking, security and infrastructure
- Strong background in data structures and algorithms and computer science fundamentals.
- Knowledge of Cloud, Docker and Kubernetes
- Knowledge of Websphere and Oracle Portal in order to transition to new technology stack
To apply, please click Apply Online or submit your resume by email to: LDAresume@bagg.com
View all of our job postings at www.bagg.com
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.