Senior Manager of Software Engineering
4390 Paletta Court Unit N, Second Floor Burlington, ON L7L 5R2 | Direct Hire
Senior Manager of Software Engineering
Location: Burlington, ON
Type: Full-Time Permanent
Our client, a leading global provider of in-store consumer engagement technology, has asked Bagg Technology Resources to assist them in finding a Senior Manager of Software Engineering to join their innovative organization on a full-time permanent opportunity in Burlington, Ontario.
This organization revolves around curious and creative people who are passionate about technology. Their collaborative culture values ideas and diverse perspectives from all. As this is a full-time permanent opportunity, there is also a comprehensive benefit package that will take care of your health and wellness needs, not to mention 4 weeks of vacation! It's also a casual and open environment where you're able to wear what you normally do on the weekends!
Key Responsibilities for Senior Manager of Software Engineering:
- Responsible for the on-time delivery of products (Software, Hardware, and Custom Applications) while implementing the appropriate development methodologies to continuously improve Time-To-Market (TTM) and achieve best in class quality.
- Instrumental in driving the processes and teams to continue to optimize and innovate the development of technology and delivery of service.
- Orchestrate the activities of the product development team from inception through product launch.
- Own the 24/7 reliability and delivery of the company’s products.
- Identify opportunities and risks for delivering the company’s services, including identification of competitive services, opportunities for innovation and assessment of marketplace obstacles and technical hurdles to the business success.
- Work closely with Operations, Sales & Marketing, Business Development and professional services to implement and launch features, partnerships, and new products.
- Manage the appropriate complexity and scale, driving engineering execution and quality attainment with a product-oriented mindset.
- Responsible for project roadmaps, project tracking/reporting, resource planning and implementation schedules.
- Guide, coach, mentor and grow the product engineering team.
Requirements for Senior Manager of Software Engineering:
- 10+ years managing and growing teams of 20+ in a technology based company.
- Savvy software programmer and software professional.
- Experience in project management.
- Experience working in a Digital Signage/Customer Engagement environment including a software platform that integrates command and control sensors along with technology such as LCDs, LEDs, kiosks, mobile and more – considered a strong asset.
- Combination of management and hands-on experience developing enterprise-class software and systems to achieve large scale, highly available consumer web services and core software development.
- Proven experience managing cloud and web-based services and applications.
- Customer and quality focus. Empathetic to the customer using the solution, who cares about their experience, and seeks to make it the best experience they have ever had.
- Experienced in waterfall and agile methodologies, milestones/releases driven managed in JIRA.
- A leader who others want to work for and with, and who can recruit and retain top talent in a highly competitive employment market. Someone who comes from a “hands-on” developer background and can have deep technical conversations/brainstorming sessions.
- Self-confidence, to have both the conviction and willingness to make decisions as well as the confidence to seek collaborative solutions.
- Ability to bring and project the passion and energy to work in a “start-up” like culture. Experience promoting a highly collaborative, team-oriented and intellectually honest culture locally, as well as across international boundaries with remote teams.
- The ability to quickly grasp and fully understand the underlying technology. Can discuss technical and product issues and resolve development challenges with engineers. Keeps current on technology trends, standards, and development processes.
- High-energy, positive, results-oriented, entrepreneurial, driven by success and passionate about building great products.
- A pragmatic decision-maker with the ability to prioritize tasks in the context of objectives, constraints, and dependencies. Exercises sound judgment and makes decisions based on facts, instinct, and experience. Applies creative approaches to solve problems.
- A solid communicator and listener – Has an open and honest communication style. Comfortable communicating both in group and one-on-one settings providing thoughtful, respectful input and feedback on a consistent basis.
- Experience in low-level embedded and device driver development an asset.
- Education – relevant technical degree.
To apply, please click Apply Online or submit your resume by email to: OBUresume@bagg.com
View all of our job postings at www.bagg.com
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.