Toronto, ON M5H 3P5 | Contract
Type: 1 Year Contract
Our client, a major organization within the Public Sector, has asked Bagg Technology Resources to assist them in finding a Senior Scheduler to join their team on a contractual basis. This role entails being accountable for the development and maintenance of assigned Client project schedules as well as the suite of program and overall integrated schedules.
This organization is within the public sector and will give you the opportunity to be a part of large projects that will directly benefit the society, and enrich your professional portfolio.
- The Senior Scheduler will provide various complex planning/scheduling activities throughout the lifecycle of the project, in order that resources are properly deployed, costs are tightly managed, and the integrity of the project plans are maintained.
- The SR. Scheduler will also be responsible for provide monthly dashboards.
- Serve as the owner of the project schedule and coordinate all inputs, reviews and updates required for a functional schedule. Establish logic, floats and interface for all activities and denote key milestones.
- Review actuals, planned activity, and accurately forecast completion schedules based on diverse information sources which impact scheduling.
- Ensure schedules allow adherence to the Client’s high standards of schedule management as outlined in the Schedule Management Plan.
- Prepare project schedules using Primavera P6 software and update regularly with progress achieved. Make changes to the sequence and duration of activities as required.
- Prepare progress reports and disseminate to key stakeholders with attention to confidentiality security and urgency of data.
- Review vendor, sub-contractor and consultant schedule submittals and incorporate into schedules.
- Identify divergences from plan as established by the project team and communicate related issues and opportunities.
- Maintain business relationships in order to provide accurate reporting.
- Regularly provide risk assessments, analyzing schedule disruptions and determining root cause.
- Identify strategies for catching up lost time or avoiding potential delays and opportunities to accelerate completion of the work.
- Provide subject matter expertise and day to day direction/assistance to others in the development of schedule related methodologies, standards and global coding and mentors others in the proper use of standards, techniques and scheduling modalities.
- Lead the review of the schedule and status of the plans during all phases of the assigned projects.
- Participate in the development of standards, procedures and master schedules to support all functional groups in successful delivery of projects.
- Minimum 10 years planning/scheduling capacity, experience with software development lifecycle would be an asset
- Full understanding of the critical path methodology in schedule development and sequencing
- Post-secondary education in construction, software development, project management or other relevant programs.
- Solid foundation in project control concepts (WBS, CPM-based, earned value management and cost collecting, risk assessment)
- Highly proficient with Primavera P6 version 8.3, Microsoft Office or equivalent database software applications.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; able to communicate technical information in clear language and take initiative to ensure the flow and sharing of information
- Formal PM training or certification would also be an asset.
Other Position Requirements:
- Security Clearance
To apply, please click Apply Online or submit your resume by email to: OBUresume@bagg.com
View all of our job postings at www.bagg.com
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.