Senior Security Specialist
Toronto, ON M5V 3J1
Senior Security Specialist
Type: 12-Month Contract
Number of Positions: 2
Our client, a leader in the insurance industry, has asked Bagg Technology Resources to assist them in finding two Senior Security Specialists to join their team on a contractual basis. This role requires providing security design expertise and consultative advice to the Client’s ITC staff on security design principles and best practices.
This is an excellent opportunity to work for a large government organization that can help maximize your potential and develop your career while helping the people of Ontario.
- As a technical resource, work with the various areas of the ITC; application and technology architecture staff, business clients, building and technical staff to ensure the use and application of industry standard, best practice security architecture in order to optimize the effectiveness of the Client’s corporate applications and databases.
- Build and communicate security design criteria and techniques associated with the design of security applications and mechanisms including reusable components that can be easily modified to respond quickly to changing corporate and business needs.
- Provide project direction, coordination and/or participation in the design and development of logical and physical security structures and mechanisms involving multiple purposes and systems across the Organization.
- Build proposals for the IT Security and security architecture; recommends technical design features and alternatives to ensure proper procedures for classification, protection and contingency recovery of common databases; identifies data components subject to privacy or confidentiality provisions
- Participate on cross functional projects for identifying security mechanism
- Contribute and provide research and analysis for the building and maintenance of corporate security design policies, standards, templates, techniques and guidelines pertaining to the security aspects of the production, collection, storage, access/security, retrieval and disposition of IT assets and development of security components to maximize the protection of the corporate environment.
- Provide security design expertise and advisory services for the design, build and maintenance of IT Security plans and strategies including business resumption planning and contingency disaster recovery to mitigate identified risks to an acceptable level.
- Excellent written & verbal communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced, ever-changing environment
- Superior time management
- Solid research and analysis skills
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Strong business relationship management skills
- Experience with security architecture solutioning and design
- Knowledge of the ISO17799 standards, GO ITS, NIST, Carnegie Mellon, COBIT standards/frameworks
- Knowledge of Information Security risk assessment methodologies and standards
- Knowledge & Experience with the following systems / applications;
- IBM WebSphere MQ and Messaging Integration Middleware (Message Broker)
- IBM Customer Information Control System (CICS) z/OS
- IBM DB2 Database for AIX
- IBM DB2 on z/OS Mainframe
- IBM Cognos Analytics
- PeopleSoft Enterprise HRMS 9.1
- OpenText RightFax Server & Desktop Client Software
- Pitney Bowes Spectrum version 12
- Computer Associates TopSecret Security & CA1/CA7/CA11 Scheduler for z/OS
To apply, please click Apply Online or submit your resume by email to: LDAresume@bagg.com
View all of our job postings at www.bagg.com
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.