Burlington, ON | Contract
Our client, a major organization within telecommunication, has asked Bagg Technology Resources to assist them in finding a Solution Architect to join their esteemed organization on a contract basis in Burlington, Ontario. The Solution Architect will play an important role in ensuring that the solution architecture aligns with the roadmaps established by the enterprise architecture, and that it adheres to the enterprise architecture principles.
This organization revolves around curious and creative people who are passionate about technology. Their collaborative culture values ideas and diverse perspectives from all.
- Senior person skilled and experienced primarily in application architecture and familiar with all phases of the system development lifecycle
- Work directly with management and users to analyze, specify and design business applications
- Provide technical leadership
- Design and develop services and automated business process integrating various back-end applications
- Perform project/problem resolution
- Complete initial analysis for various customer requests, document and/or analyze business requirements, participate in preparing cost estimates and proposals, design solutions, and do quality assurance of the development process
- Develop detailed functional, system and program specifications required for the implementation of business process changes or improvements, data analysis and the creation of reports
- Produce process models and workflows, diagrams.
- Lead high-level design walkthroughs
- Support the Business Analyst in coordinating and facilitating requirements gathering sessions in an effort to elicit and document business system requirements
- Produce analysis and design documents
- Liaison with software vendors for resolution of issues
- Full understanding of business practices and concepts of the relevant business area being supported
- Act independently as the IT SME for business projects and/or new product initiatives assessing impacts on IT systems and processes
- Perform other duties as assigned
- University Degree (Bachelor minimum)
- Minimum of 8 – 10 years’ experience in Information Technology in all phases of the systems development lifecycle.
- At least seven (7) years’ experience in enterprise application integration Senior level knowledge of integrations platforms (ESB, ETL, etc)
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in business processes automation projects.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in systems analysis including requirements definition, feasibility studies, cost estimates, proposals, design, development, quality assurance, user acceptance testing and implementation.
- Proven track record as solution architect in Service Oriented Architectures (SOA), BI, B2B
- Senior level knowledge of development with a DBMS (Oracle or MS-SQL)
- Knowledge of Archimate
- Good knowledge of major OS (Linus and Windows)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills.
- Effective analytical and planning skills.
- Bilingualism (English/French)
- TOGAF knowledge/certification an asset
- Experience in the areas of workforce management and/or telecomm networks would be an asset.
To apply, please click Apply Online or submit your resume by email to: OBUresume@bagg.com
View all of our job postings at www.bagg.com
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.