1 Robert Speck Parkway Suite 400 Mississauga, ON L4Z 4E7 | Direct Hire
Type: Full-Time Permanent
Our client, a major organization within the financial industry, has asked Bagg Technology Resources to assist them in finding a Solution Architect to join their reputable organization on a full-time opportunity. Viewed as an expert on all technical issues related to the organization’s core technology products, this role is accountable for initiating development activities to support the organization’s technical infrastructure and recommending products that will evolve the organization’s technical infrastructure.
This is the place where your creativity is valued and encouraged. You’ll have the opportunity to work alongside experts as this organization is extremely inclusive. There’s also lots of opportunities within this organization for various technical roles. On top of a competitive salary, there’s also merit bonuses, benefits, and three weeks’ vacation with this opportunity!
- Assist in providing expert advice and counsel on complex technical issues related to “area of specialty”, to the spectrum of the client’s stakeholders – clients, business, subject matter experts, management, security, application development/support (on- and off-shore), infrastructure, networking, etc.
- Research external environment for best practices, current and emerging technology advances in area or related areas of specialty
- Conduct evaluation of new technologies and recommends changes to improve operational effectiveness
- Assist in the development of new ways of utilizing “area of specialty” to provide innovative, high impact technical services/solutions that realize significant business results
- Assist in the development of standards/protocols for effectively utilizing “area of specialty”
- Assist in the development of migration and integration strategies for major systems
- Utilize Project Life Cycle methodology as applied to software development projects. Experience interacting with both Waterfall and Agile methodologies.
- Coordinate major problem solutions with software vendors, service vendors, hardware manufacturers and/or appropriate in-house expertise.
- Lead the development of technical staff through information sharing in the forms of presentations, technical documents and hands-on mentoring
- Evaluate and recommend process and control solutions to improve risk management
- Other duties as required
- University or College Degree in Computer Science, Engineering with five to seven years working on technical application design and implementation
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Information Technology and Business and /or experience working on technical application design and implementation
- Good component architecture and OO programming skills; thorough understanding of distributed computing concepts; SOA, web services, microservices, and application of common design patterns. Understand the appropriate use of synchronous and asynchronous message passing.
- Experience in web enabled application development, supported via UML design, Java / J2EE backend, and various MVC/MVW front-end solution approaches using JSP/JSF or modern web frameworks such as angular, vue, and react.
- Experience in web security (session-based, token-based), certificate security, mitigating common vulnerabilities, and applying principles such as “defense in depth” and “fail securely”.
- Experience designing 3-tier architecture environments to support varied browsers, application servers, and various backend data sources. Skilled in the application of intermediary facilities such as reverse proxies, firewalls, and load balancers.
- Experience in OOP (Java, C#), SQL (Postgres, MSSQL, Oracle, DB2, including triggers and stored procedures), NoSQL (Hbase, Hive, graph databases, Cassandra), Big Data platforms (Hadoop), Big Data tools (Spark, Lucene, stream processing eg. Flink), Machine Learning (Fundamental concepts, tools such as Tensorflow/Caffe/Keras)
- Working knowledge of Linux/UNIX-AIX, ssh/scp, shell scripting, environment automation (provisioning, virtualization, containerization)
Click 'Apply Online' or send your resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
View all of our job postings at www.bagg.com
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.