200 Front Street West Toronto, ON M5V 3J1 | Contract
Number of Positions: 2
Type: 12 Month Contract
Our client, a leader in the insurance industry, has asked Bagg Technology Resources to assist them in finding two Solution Architects to join their reputable organization on a long-term contract in Toronto. The people in this role will provide technical advice, document architecture solution and act as solution architects on projects. Incumbents in this role will ensure the collaboration, followership, artifact creation and assist with direction and advisory services for ITC and business resources across all phases of complex project implementation from architectural solution design, validation of implementation efforts/estimates to guidance for project execution and deployment into production. The main focus will be on effort estimation; specification of components, integration points and frameworks, while ensuring compliance with EA principles, policies, standards and blueprints.
This is an excellent opportunity to work for a large government organization that can help maximize your potential and develop your career while helping the people of Ontario.
- Solution Architecture
- Responsible for the successful implementation of the complete technology solution for projects supporting major, highly complex business applications with complex integration needs across multiple technology disciplines by defining development specifications, technical requirements, system performance objectives and identifying system modifications to meet objectives.
- Assist with multiple technology groups and vendors to ensure that the application, integration, infrastructure and security architectures are designed to meet evolving business requirements, standards for reliability, scalability and availability and align with the client’s technology roadmap.
- Responsible for working with stakeholders to understand the solution requirements, for the development of effective end-to-end solution designs, incorporating all elements of architecture (functional and technical), and the governance of the implementation of that solution.
- Identify, recommend, source, negotiate and implement emerging IT trends, developments and improvements/solutions either by buying, building or reusing.
- Partners with Enterprise Architects by ensuring solutions are in line with Technology Roadmap; ensuring all deviations are identified and approved; identifying gaps in current standards/services and negotiating enterprise vs. project solutions and developing standard application architectures, frameworks and development standards.
- Develop and evolve the system architecture, describing system components, technologies, technical infrastructures and their inter-relationships and dependencies.
- Provide consulting and advice to the business community and other IT teams regarding plans and strategies.
- Liaise and collaborate with business partners in all disciplines.
- Support and advise management and technical staff in all branches within Information Technology Cluster (ITC)
- The Data Architect is a part of the Enterprise Architecture team and translates requirements created by functional analysts into the data architecture for that solution and describing it through design artifacts. They are part of the development team and will lead developers in the technical implementation of those artifacts to create the product or client solution. They will have accountability for selecting the most appropriate technology solution and application development technology for the problem.
- The Data Architect is the key component of solution development on projects and will work with project and functional project leaders to support overall motivation and guidance to the entire development team during the software development life cycle. They must ensure buy-in from the architecture practices, CBIA the development team, so that the team is motivated to match the detailed design of the solution to the higher-level architecture.
- Review and recommend information management tools and technologies such as data warehouse and analytics tools, master data, big data, data integration tools, data quality and profiling tools.
- Project Support
- Effectively maintain consensus among stakeholders and participate in business requirement gathering, RFP process, vendor selection and own overall solution estimates.
- Recommend technical solutions which will drive automated processes and/or minimize internal sourcing needs.
- Develop, model and apply enterprise-wide references to processes, information models, application and technical architectures as they relate to IT projects.
- Identifies risks or issues with technology solution & design which may impact realization of project benefits and provides guidance and support to stakeholders in making good decisions to proactively resolve or mitigate potential risks/delays to the project
- Architecture Governance Support
- Participate in architectural reviews and integrate, as required, legislative requirements and business processes.
- Conduct user interface reviews determine impacts of infrastructure change and ensure solutions are aligned with corporate strategy, reference architecture, standards, objectives and architectural principles
- Periodically assess current architecture for components at risk of obsolescence and identify opportunities for investment/remediation or replacement.
- 10+ years of hands-on experience in Solution Architecture, Application Architecture, Software Development, Implementation, Managing Processes, Requirements Analysis, Documenting and Presenting Technical Solution Information
- 5+ years of experience working with Data Warehouse, Data Lake, BI, Hadoop is desirable
- Ability to represent architecture in initiatives as identified in statements of work or RFI/RFP documents and the evaluation of vendor responses yielding solution recommendations
- Ability to assist in the building of efficient architecture layers that promote cost savings, ease of use to customers, simplified architecture and promotes improved agility to our business stakeholders
- Assist in evaluation of technology with business needs by leading proof of concept projects.
- Participate as a Solution Architect on projects assuring overall technical quality of developed solutions, provide advice to different teams and support projects. Assist and escalate issues related to design and architecture throughout the project life cycle.
- Provide end-to-end solution architecture and design for complex business solutions.
- Strong understanding of open systems architecture including integrations with vendor packages, relational databases, message queues, web services, and legacy systems.
- Ability to interpret enterprise solution architecture and requirements documents through building solution and application architecture and designs.
- Superior problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ensure that the architecture checkpoint/Gating process is adhered to and all relevant artifacts are successfully created and stored for easy access.
- Familiarity with Property & Casualty Insurance business processes
- Work with the client’s project and architecture teams while interfacing between vendor’s team, and the client’s management to provide innovative and efficient approach to the technical designs. Making sure that end-to-end design and architecture (Integration, Data and Legacy) deliverables are up to client standards.
- Ensure conceptual and high-level designs that incorporate the appropriate input and assets from the various platform specialists and domain experts.
- Provide application developers with mentoring to support and guide resolution of Code remediation.
To apply, please click Apply Online or submit your resume by email to: LDAresume@bagg.com
View all of our job postings at www.bagg.com
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.