Technical Solutions Architect
North York, ON L4Z 4E7 | Contract
Technical Solutions Architect
Type: 6- Month Contract
Our client, a major organization within the financial industry, has asked Bagg Technology Resources to assist them in finding a Technical Solutions Architect to join their esteemed organization on a contract basis. The successful candidate will guide the evolution of the organization’s core technology products, initiate development activities to support the organization’s technical infrastructure, recommend products that will evolve the organization’s technical infrastructure, and provide leadership in the development of technical staff in the organization.
This is the place where your creativity is valued and encouraged. You’ll have the opportunity to work alongside experts as this organization is extremely inclusive. There’s also lots of opportunities within this organization for various technical roles.
- Actively provide expert advice and counsel on complex technical issues related to “area of specialty”, to the spectrum of the client’s stakeholders – clients, business, the client’s subject matter experts, management, security, application development/support (on- and off-shore), infrastructure, networking, etc.
- Research external environment for best practices, current and emerging technology advances in area or related areas of specialty
- Conduct evaluation of new technologies and recommends changes to improve operational effectiveness
- Develop new ways of utilizing “area of specialty” to provide innovative, high impact technical services/solutions that realize significant business results
- Develop standards/protocols for effectively utilizing “area of specialty”
- Develop migration and integration strategies for major systems
- Utilize Project Life Cycle methodology as applied to software development projects.
- Experience interacting with both Waterfall and Agile methodologies.
- Coordinate major problem solutions with software vendors, service vendors, hardware manufacturers and/or appropriate in-house expertise.
- Lead the development of technical staff through information sharing in the forms of presentations, technical documents and hands-on mentoring
- Evaluate and recommend process and control solutions to improve risk management
- Other duties as required
- University or College Degree in Computer Science, Engineering with seven to ten years working on technical application design and implementation
- Excellent component architecture and OO programming skills; thorough understanding of distributed computing concepts; SOA, web services, microservices, and application of common design patterns. Understand the appropriate use of synchronous and asynchronous message passing.
- Excellent experience in web enabled application development, supported via UML design, Java / J2EE backend, and various MVC/MVW front-end solution approaches using JSP/JSF or modern web frameworks such as angular, vue, and react.
- Excellent experience in web security (session-based, token-based), certificate security, mitigating common vulnerabilities, and applying principles such as “defense in depth” and “fail securely”.
- Excellent experience designing 3-tier architecture environments to support varied browsers, application servers, and various backend data sources. Skilled in the application of intermediary facilities such as reverse proxies, firewalls, and load balancers.
- Excellent experience in OOP (Java, C#), SQL (Postgres, MSSQL, Oracle, DB2, including triggers and stored procedures), NoSQL (Hbase, Hive, graph databases, Cassandra), Big Data platforms (Hadoop), Big Data tools (Spark, Lucene, stream processing eg. Flink), Machine Learning (Fundamental concepts, tools such as Tensorflow/Caffe/Keras)
- Excellent working knowledge of Linux/UNIX-AIX, ssh/scp, shell scripting, environment automation (provisioning, virtualization, containerization)
- Strong strategic planning skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent data modeling skills
- Excellent Microsoft Office Skills
To apply, please click Apply Online or submit your resume by email to: OBUresume@bagg.com
View all of our job postings at www.bagg.com
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.