1 Robert Speck Parkway, Suite 400 North York, ON L4Z 4E7 | Contract
Location: North York
Type: 4- Month Contract
Our client, a major organization within the financial industry, has asked Bagg Technology Resources to assist them in finding a Technical Specialist to join their esteemed organization on a contract basis. The Technical Specialist will provide onsite support for internal customers and act as the primary escalation point for Service Desk Level 1 on desktop related issues. He/she will also be responsible for the incident management process adhering to ITIL processes for incident, change, and problem management.
This is the place where your creativity is valued and encouraged. You’ll have the opportunity to work alongside experts as this organization is extremely inclusive. There’s also lots of opportunities within this organization for various technical roles.
- Participate in the resolution of incidents following ITIL best practices.
- Perform hardware and O/S troubleshooting and diagnostics as part of incident resolution and problem management.
- Establish and build strong working relationships with all core teams.
- Provide daily support for standard Desktop Operating systems and software packages.
- Participate in Media Management.
- Deploy Microsoft patches to desktop infrastructure.
- Remediate nCircle reports for desktop infrastructure.
- Perform monthly reconciliation processes as required for infrastructure technologies.
- Use Altiris Client Management suite of products for support and inventory purposes.
- Use Altiris to deploy images and software to new and existing systems where requested.
- Actively participate in the roll-out of new applications/equipment.
- Participate in desktop related project implementations. This includes quotation, purchase requisitions, project meetings, WBS creation, and implement software/hardware as per project timelines.
- Provide leadership on projects to the regional LSA staff. Build and share documentation for all sites where necessary.
- Migrate users as required to zero clients and EUC platform. Troubleshoot EUC platform utilizing Citrix Director and other infrastructure tools.
- Provide implementation and post implementation support.
- Maintain accurate documentation on system builds and asset inventory.
- Adhere to Information Security guidelines.
- Actively participate in the lease replacement process, including supporting documentation.
- Complete service requests while following the ECM process.
- Mentoring of junior staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must have a University or College Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- 2-4 years of related work experience
- CompTIA A+ Certified
- One exam passed towards MCSA: Win7/8 certification
- Excellent communication and written skills a must
- Team player and self-motivated
- Strong understanding of Windows Server & Desktop operating systems. Experience installing/configuring operating systems.
- Strong skills assembling desktop grade hardware
- Intermediate understanding of Active Directory
- Intermediate understanding on networking protocols, WINS, DHCP and DNS
- Intermediate understanding of TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, HTTP, NTP, Netbios over TCP, Ethernet technologies
- Strong hands on experience troubleshooting, administering and support desktops and operating systems
- Strong understanding of distributed and centralized computing environments
- Ability to manage numerous tasks/project simultaneously
- Ability to present problems and work through challenging issues
- Strong network hardware administration/support.
- Strong understanding of core infrastructure tools used by department
- After hours and weekend work as required for support and project deployments
- Oncall support and shift work required
- Required travel in the GTA, car required
To apply, please click Apply Online or submit your resume by email to: OBUresume@bagg.com
View all of our job postings at www.bagg.com
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.