zOS Supra Database Administrator
Toronto, ON | Contract
zOS Supra Database Administrator
Type: 5-Month Contract
Our client, a leading organization within the insurance industry, has asked Bagg Technology Resources to assist them in finding a zOS Supra Database Administrator to join their cutting-edge organization on a contract basis. The zOS Supra Database Administrator will work with management to construct technology-enabled application database, products, and high quality services that adhere to quality management and development standards.
This is an excellent opportunity to work for a large government organization that can help maximize your potential and develop your career while helping the people of Ontario.
- Provide details to business/technical issues and ensure that design specifications meet architecture and requirements specifications and that development schedules are also met
- Provide options that have potential business/process automation impact and organization/financial impact
- Provide high quality technical documentation, presenting it clearly to interested parties, and provide knowledge transfer to team members.
- Provide feedback to architecture or high-level requirements, testing and change/implementation review and walkthroughs.
- Integrate system solutions to handle confidential data/information
- Perform system installations, DB2 Upgrades, and software testing
- Translate logical data model to physical data model
- Construct efficient databases
- Conduct technical and detailed design walkthroughs and code reviews;
- Function in a support capacity to provide isolation and resolution of software issues and communicating resolution options.
- Define data models and processing models based on the business requirements in order to meet the needs of the organization's information requirements and helping to determine data requirements, normalization, structure and distribution.
- Participate in defects meetings;
- Support all testing, creating code drop release notes and the implementation of development components
- Provide timely reporting on work progress status to the project manager, team lead and/or manager
- Follow the software development methodology (agile) and databases standards
- Other duties as assigned
- University degree in computer science, engineering or equivalent
- 10+ years’ experience in constructing, deploying, supporting, and maintaining Enterprise database solutions
- 8+ years working experience with zOS DB2 V9/10/11, SUPRA Databases
- 5+ years’ experience in business applications supported by DB2 and SUPRA databases
- 8+ years’ solid experience, proficient technical skills and knowledge in Z/OS, CICS, JCL, JES2, TSO/ISPF, COBOL, CLIST/REXX, SMP/E, RACF/TSS, DFHSM, Throughput manager
- 8+ years’ hands on experience and sound ability in software installation and DB2 migration (Upgrade)
- Strong knowledge of DB2 Connect on all platforms
- Working knowledge of DB2 LUW, TCP/IP, JDBC, ODBC
- Strong troubleshooting capability
- Good communication skills
- Strong knowledge sharing and knowledge transferring skills
- Good team player
To apply, please click Apply Online or submit your resume by email to: OBUresume@bagg.com
View all of our job postings at www.bagg.com
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.