Cognos Systems Administrator
Toronto, ON M5V 3J1 | Contract
Cognos Systems Administrator
Type: 6-Month Contract, with Option to Extend 12 Months
Our client, a leader in the insurance industry, has asked Bagg Technology Resources to assist them in finding a Cognos Systems Administrator to join their team on a contractual basis.
This is an excellent opportunity to work for a large government organization that can help maximize your potential and develop your career while helping the people of Ontario.
- Work with management to provide technical expertise in planning, installing, configuring, troubleshooting, migrate and post implementation support of Cognos solutions
- Document and provide detail inventory of Cognos reports in the current Cognos 8.4 solutions to be migrated to a new solution.
- Identify issues and remediate Cognos 8.4 reports during migration.
- Provide Cognos development expertise to address defects during system and user acceptance testing and production implementation phases
- Assist to identify and troubleshoot problems as they arise which may involve interacting with other teams for resolution.
- Work with management to provide technical assistance, advice and guidance to the Client’s IT staff and business clients in response to enquiries on the functionality of Cognos tools, and data in related datamarts to ensure efficient and un-interrupted services to the business users.
- Candidate should be conversant with Cognos Analytics methodologies, systems administration, design, development and migration.
- 10+ years of combined experience in installation, configuration, troubleshooting, implementation and supporting Business Intelligence & Reporting using IBM Cognos version 8 and 10
- 10+ years expertise in systems administration covering IBM Cognos, RDBMS, Data Mart and Data Warehouse including support of IBM Cognos migration from version 8.x to 10.x
- 10+ years hands-on experience with server activities using Linux and AIX operating systems
- 5+ years’ experience with Cognos Analytics development and migration best practices
- Ability to express complex technical concepts effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Strong understanding of Software Development Lifecycle and Agile Methodologies
- Degree in computer science, math, engineering or equivalent work experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to write thorough and concise installation/configuration and operational guides (build book and run book documentation)
- Must be well able to brainstorm with others, thrive in a collaborative team environment, multi task, and quickly adapt to change.
- Emphasizes personal and professional growth by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
To apply, please click Apply Online or submit your resume by email to: LDAresume@bagg.com
View all of our job postings at www.bagg.com
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.