DevOps Security Engineer
Toronto, ON M5V 3J1 | Contract
DevOps Security Engineer
Type: 6-Month Contract, with Option to Extend 12 Months
Our client, a leader in the insurance industry, has asked Bagg Technology Resources to assist them in finding a DevOps Security Engineer to join their team on a contractual basis.
This is an excellent opportunity to work for a large government organization that can help maximize your potential and develop your career while helping the people of Ontario.
- Collaborate in the overall security design and implementation of our Public Cloud infrastructure and services
- Collaborate closely with Engineering to align the needs of the Security team with existing processes and procedures
- Participate in the assessing, reviewing and audit application, network, host and service configurations to ensure security best practices
- Assist in identifying, research and implementing technical solutions to address security concerns, improve auditability or improve efficiency of our infrastructure or employees
- Support our Public Cloud infrastructure and tools implemented for security needs
- Collaborate with the technology organization to promote process improvements to increase the security of our infrastructure
- Experience in enterprise-wide deployment of security technologies
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
- Ability to influence others
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; sharp analytical abilities.
- Experience hardening Linux containers and tools such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Strong background working in Linux/Unix environments
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines and tools like Jenkins and Spinnaker
- Demonstrable proficiency with one or more scripting languages (Ruby, Go, Python, bash, etc)
- Extensive experience with “infrastructure as code” and “Immutable infrastructure” patterns
- Strong understanding of network concepts including TCP/IP, HTTP and TLS, DDoS detection/prevention, and network and host anomaly detection through both automated (NIDS/HIDS) and manual means
- Familiarity with SSO/SAML utilizing Microsoft ADFS, Active Directory, Google OAuth, etc
- 5+ years working as an Engineer in a highly collaborative, fast paced environment
- Ability to communicate technical concepts, possibilities and limitations to a non-technical audience
- High attention to detail and constructive attitude in peer code reviews or other collaborative methods
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or comparable experience
- Experience with Hashicorp Vault
- Experience with Kubernetes Secrets
- Experience with Artifactory/XRay
To apply, please click Apply Online or submit your resume by email to: LDAresume@bagg.com
View all of our job postings at www.bagg.com
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.