Mississauga, ON L4W 4L5
Type: FT Permanent
Our client has asked Bagg Technology Resources to assist them in finding a Development Manager to work closely with Senior Management and Product to manage development teams in the organization. Reporting directly to the CTO, the Development Manager will be a key player in overseeing the planning, architecture, coding, testing and documentation of the company’s multi-tenant cloud-based applications.
This is an excellent opportunity to work for an organization that can help maximize your potential and develop your career.
- Accountable for technology delivery of projects within Organizational application portfolios
- Oversee the PM / Scrum Master for projects being run as Agile
- Deliver waterfall projects within the triple constraints (Time, Cost & Quality)
- Work closely with business executives, and product managers to define scope and product direction through requirements gathering, prototyping, and cost assessments
- Produce status reports to be consumed at project and program levels
- Inventory, manage, and mitigate project risk proactively
- Facilitate the resolution of key technical and business-oriented project issues
- Staff projects for success, working with cross functional internal teams as well as vendors
- Drive best practice in architecture, testing, development and deployment activity
- Work closely with project management team to ensure delivery of milestones and alignment to best practices
- Manage stakeholder expectations effectively and with a customer first orientation
- Manage scope and ensure proper change management process based on project methodology
- Work with QA, release management and implementation teams to plan for the deployment/installation of application code into test and production environments
- Set direction at an operational level, works autonomously in the management of the unit and collaborates with other business heads to establish and execute on common goals.
- Oversee the project process and project team including effective and timely status reporting, continual risk/issue assessment/management and escalation, and resolution of issues as they arise.
- Periodic performance reviews of all team members on the Development, QA and Project Management teams
- Oversee the recruiting process to build a highly effective team to deliver high quality and efficient product releases
- The successful candidate will be required to work with and influence senior level development leaders and partner with other Department Managers.
- Other duties as required
- At least 3 years of team lead / management experience
- At least 5 years of full stack web based .Net development experience
- Experience using Visual Studio, Team Foundation Server, MS Project, MS Visio, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Tech savvy – the ability to understand and influence IS/IT design and architecture; proven by educational background or previous work experience
- Must have experience working with projects with a customer facing UI
- Proven leadership skills and experience managing large and complex IT projects
- Full life cycle development experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills – ability to establish strong relationship with cross-functional teams and our business partners
- Expert knowledge of project management process and principles
- Experience creating and managing the creation of solution documents, status reports, and test plans
- Ability to manage ambiguity, uncertainty and changing priorities
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong leadership, creative problem-solving, planning and organization skills
- Strong team collaboration skills
- Self-motivated and able to work independent of constant supervision and management.
To apply, please click Apply Online or submit your resume by email to: PRAresume@bagg.com
View all of our job postings at www.bagg.com
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.