Director System Admin and IT Support- Permanent
Toronto, ON M9L 2W6
Director System Admin and IT Support- Permanent
Our client, a leading Canadian food manufacturer is in need of a Director of System Admin and IT Support to join their team on a Full-Time Permanent basis. Reporting to the V.P. of information Technology, the Director of System Admin and IT Support will be responsible for managing system administration team and IT support team. This role will lead the efforts for configuration, implementation, and maintenance of various computer technologies managed by the Information Technology department and support users of the mentioned computer technologies on an ongoing basis. You will focus on the administration and support of the Client’s IT Network infrastructure and software applications.
This is a place where your creativity is valued and encouraged. You’ll have the opportunity to work alongside experts as this organization is extremely inclusive. The organization is rapidly growing and is in need of hard-working individuals who can keep up with the fast pace.
- Lead planning, design, documentation, and implementation of various systems and ensure proper performance.
- Create and maintain comprehensive plan for IT team members to:
- Manage PRTG to monitor all infrastructure and system components
- Monitor and maintain the use of photocopiers and printers.
- Monitor, plan, and coordinate the distribution of client/server software and service packs.
- Perform on-site and remote user technical support.
- Manage VMWare and VEEAM backup.
- Maintain existing network infrastructure including Cisco switches.
- Make recommendations for the purchase of new technology, equipment and services.
- Lead the organization and inventory of all hardware and software resources.
- Maintain excellent communication with:
- all IT team members on all tasks and projects.
- All Organizational teams as internal customers.
- Lead and manage creation and maintenance of technical documentation.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Customer and Product Centricity - Responds to the needs of both internal and external customers in a timely and courteous manner, showing a sense of urgency; always keeping our products front and center.
- Flexibility, Agility, Adaptability - Adapts to changes; changes strategy in response to new information; responds appropriately and quickly without having all parameters defined; demonstrate tolerance for speed and uncertainty.
- Team management, Team Work and Collaboration - Uses appropriate interpersonal styles and methods of communication to gain agreement or acceptance of a plan or activity. Is effective in building constructive relationships; uses tact; interacts with others in an open, friendly manner, encourages collaboration.
- Passion for Excellence – Always looks for ways to improve effectiveness or efficiency, making recommendation to increase productivity in quality of work; develops innovative solutions, challenges the status quo. To be the best, never compromising.
- Drives Execution - Takes risks, learns from their mistakes, builds trust and is a role model to others. Has a “hands-on” style; is aggressive in achieving desired results.
Energizes and Mobilizes Team Members
- Team Member Selection – Takes ownership for selecting the right talent for the right role.
- Team Member Development – Continually develops and upgrades team members; coaching and sharing knowledge and experience, uses appropriate style and methods in enabling team to be successful.
- Team Member Engagement – Creates an environment where people enjoy working hard towards achieving mission, including creating an environment of fun and celebration while delivering results.
Creates Winning Relationships
- Performance and Development Feedback – Communicates clear performance expectations, providing feedback in a straight forward and timely manner.
- Empowerment – Delegates effectively, providing support and opportunities for growth through empowering others.
- Change Management – Communicates change positively and seeks to enable change. Generates excitement to inspire others. Always communicating in an open manner.
- Consensus Building – Is effective at consensus building, always doing what is right for the business. Adheres to our mindset of no politics.
- Post-Secondary education in computer science, Networking or related discipline
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a similar role
- In-depth experience with MS Azure Active Directory
- Proficiency in MS Office 365 would be preferable.
- Considered an out of the box thinker and displays a willingness to learn and adapt
To apply, please click Apply Online or submit your resume by email to: OBUresume@bagg.com
View all of our job postings at www.bagg.com
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.