Toronto, ON M5V 3J1 | Contract
Type: 12- Month Contract
Our client, a leader in the insurance industry, has asked Bagg Technology Resources to assist them in finding a Document Specialist to join their team on a contractual basis. The primary objective for this position is to prepare technical and end user procedural and process documentation, data entry and client services support. The ideal candidate works independently, under pressure and balances competing priorities in a results-oriented work environment.
This is an excellent opportunity to work for a large government organization that can help maximize your potential and develop your career while helping the people of Ontario.
- Produce high-quality end user procedural documentation that meets applicable standards and is appropriate for its intended audience
- Construct detailed end user and technical documentation to support new business processes and services
- Construct standardized templates
- Collaborate with other IT departments to ensure critical information about new services is being communicated
- Construct/edit various documents to include computer network/software test plans, technical reports, operating procedures, diagrams, user manuals, memorandums of agreement/understanding, and various other technical documents.
- Receive, track and monitor EUS tasking actions for various planned projects and initiatives
- Construct, update and maintain necessary process documentation.
- Ensure proper classification of all documents created and/or provided for review
- Ensure appropriate storage of classified material and lifecycle management of all documentation
- Two-to-five (2-5) years of technical editing / writing experience
- Strong familiarity with ITSM frameworks (e.g. ITIL)
- Proven working experience in business process redesign and technical writing of processes and procedures
- Strong command of English grammar and punctuation
- Ability to translate technical information into simpler terms for non-technical audiences
- Ability to grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understandable in text and pictures
- Ability to manage multiple writing assignments under tight deadlines
- Ability to focus on deadlines and deliverables
- Ability to work alone and as part of a team
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office products, especially Word, Visio, Excel, PowerPoint and SharePoint
- Experience developing and applying Microsoft Word styles and templates
- Basic familiarity with the SDLC and software development
- Familiarity with end-to-end testing and documenting outcomes
To apply, please click Apply Online or submit your resume by email to: LDAresume@bagg.com
View all of our job postings at www.bagg.com
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.