Mississauga, ON L4Z 4E7
Type: 6- Month Contract
Our client, a major organization within the financial industry, has asked Bagg Technology Resources to assist them in finding a Hadoop Administrator to join their team on a contractual basis. The successful candidate will be responsible to install, configure, and oversee the Hadoop Clusters at the Client site. This role will also include mentoring junior resources and testing new components as required.
This is the place where your creativity is valued and encouraged. You’ll have the opportunity to work alongside experts as this organization is extremely inclusive. There’s also lots of opportunities within this organization for various technical roles.
- Install, configure, and maintain HortonWorks Hadoop across all environments
- Proactively monitor cluster health and perform performance tuning activities
- Perform capacity planning and expansion activities working across Infrastructure and other Enterprise Services teams
- Perform cluster maintenance with patching, backup/recovery, user provisioning, and automation of routine tasks, configure and maintain security policies.
- Troubleshoot and debug any Hadoop ecosystem run time issues
- Other duties as required
- University Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Business, or the equivalent experience demonstrated by progressive responsibilities
- 5+ years of Business and IT experience
- 5+ years of Technology Infrastructure experience with demonstratable results
- 5+ years of architectural oversight for large scale Enterprise Programs
- Proven ability to deliver projects, piloting new technology following an ‘agile’ methodology
- 3+ years’ experience administration of Hadoop ecosystem and its components
- Knowledge of Linux administration
- Knowledge of scripting languages like Python or Perl.
- Should have basic knowledge of SQL, database structures, principles, and theories.
- Understanding of automation tools and how to use them
- Understanding of data visualizations tools, preference given to knowledge of Qlikview
- Basic knowledge of ETL tools with preference given to knowledge of Informatica BDM
- Excellent communication skills
To apply, please click Apply Online or submit your resume by email to: OBUresume@bagg.com
View all of our job postings at www.bagg.com
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.