IT Support Assistant
Belleville, ON K7L 3N6
IT Support Assistant
Type: 3 Month Contract
Our client, a leader in the insurance industry, has asked Bagg Technology Resources to assist them in finding an IT support Assistant to join their team. You will be responsible for troubleshooting user problems, including installing new hardware and software, updating, configuring and maintaining device operating systems and drivers, and providing user training to staff and faculty.
This is an excellent opportunity to work for a large government organization that can help maximize your potential and develop your career while helping the people of Ontario.
- Set up and configure equipment, including individual computers and audio-visual equipment as required. Troubleshoot hardware and software on individual computers, perform routine maintenance and correct minor problems. Assist in training support for systems and network users
- Set up audio-visual, video conferencing and audio recording equipment for Faculty events and provide classroom support as needed. Edit and distribute video and audio recordings as required
- Guide users in the Faculty on the use of various software applications.
- Provide technical support to Clinics on a regular basis and to the Online Programs
- Develop and maintain resource files and documentation on technical equipment and products
- Assist in planning, and coordination of production and testing of a range of technical documents both on-line and in print.
- Participate in the review and assessment ofthe Faculty's computer needs and make recommendations for their upgrade and maintenance.
- Participate in project-based work including the setting up of new servers, equipment and application development.
- Help set up and maintain an asset management system in support of the Faculty, including inventory control and tracking hardware and software licenses.
- Assist with troubleshooting hardware/software on existing systems and install or set up new equipment or applications. Maintain systems by performing backups, maintenance, producing reports and upgrades as required.
- Ensure security, monitor system activity, add users, and update software. Undertake other duties as required in support of the Faculty
- Two year post-secondary program in related field with relevant experience.
- General knowledge of audio visual technology.
- Some experience in business administration, training, and desktop publishing or on line/printed publications may be considered an asset.
- Design, code, test and debug programs or web application software. Analyze and revise existing system logic difficulties as necessary, modify procedures and document all program changes.
- Knowledge of MySQL, Mac OS, and the university systems considered an asset.
- Consideration will be given to an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of computer hardware/software, networking concepts and operating systems.
- Ability to keep up with changing technology and to implement new hardware/software developments as necessary in consultation with the lT Support Analyst.
- Ability to respond quickly and creatively trouble-shoot hardware and software problems.
- Strong communications and interpersonal skills and a client service approach to providing technical assistance.
- Ability to interact with students, faculty and staff with various levels of technological sophistication, and to effectively explain, provide guidance and instruct.
- Participate in departmental needs analysis and make recommendations.
- Some writing, editing and proofreading skills as needed.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to effectively prioritize work and adhere to deadlines.
To apply, please click Apply Online or submit your resume by email to: PRAresume@bagg.com
View all of our job postings at www.bagg.com
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.