Toronto, ON M5V 3J1 | Contract
Type: 6-Month Contract, with Option to Extend 12 Months
Our client, a leader in the insurance industry, has asked Bagg Technology Resources to assist them in finding an Integration Specialist to join their team on a contractual basis.
This is an excellent opportunity to work for a large government organization that can help maximize your potential and develop your career while helping the people of Ontario.
- Provide technical assistance in design, developing and implementing integration solutions in support of integration requirements
- Translate client business requirements and associated functional designs into technical design documentation, ensuring that the solution(s) satisfy all business requirements.
- Work with Analysts, Administrators, and Testing teams to support configurations, code customizations, code migrations, and testing from System, Integration, User Acceptance and performance.
- Participate in technical sessions to prototype new system functionality.
- Participate in workshops with project teams to explain and gain consensus on the solution(s) to be developed.
- Work with systems analysts to ensure the solution meets the approved solution design.
- Perform code reviews to identify potential issues.
- Perform unit testing and troubleshoot coding issues.
- Provide support during systems integration testing.
- Provide coordination in release and change management processes
- Other duties as required
- 10+ years’ development experience with at least 9 years of Java Enterprise Edition experience, typically acquired through completion of post-secondary education in a technology related field, business administration or related field with a minimum 10 years relevant technical or systems analysis experience, ideally with a mix of technical and functional PeopleSoft experience.
- 5+ years working experience and knowledge of with various integration technologies/protocols such as WebSphere Message Queue / Message Broker, Web Services, SFTP/FTP etc.
- Proven experience working with accepted methods, standards, techniques and best practices for development.
- Oral communication skills to work effectively with and discuss development approaches to clients/senior management and external stakeholders; written communications skills to document and communicate development specifications.
- Decision making skills to assist with decisions and recommendations on various issues and solutions that impact the projects/programs.
- Knowledge of software development lifecycle management, development and implementation of software and hardware solutions, systems or products
- PeopleSoft exposure is definitely an asset.
To apply, please click Apply Online or submit your resume by email to: LDAresume@bagg.com
View all of our job postings at www.bagg.com
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.