Project Control Officer
Mississauga, ON L4Z 4E7 | Contract
Project Control Officer
Type: 12- Month Contract
Number of Positions: 1
Our client, a major organization within the financial industry, has asked Bagg Technology Resources to assist them in finding a Project Control Officer to join their team on a contract basis. Perform project management support to a team of project managers.
This is the place where your creativity is valued and encouraged. You’ll have the opportunity to work alongside experts as this organization is extremely inclusive. There’s also lots of opportunities within this organization for various technical roles.
- Accountable to Project Leads, Project Managers I or II within TS.
- Maintains and supports project information (paper and electronic: i.e. project plans, project status reports, project dashboards (TBD), project review forms (TBD), monthly steering committee review documentation, and others as required.
- Maintains project file on electronic central repository of project status and reporting information within TS.
- Assist with tracking of project schedules and budgets (at a high level) for projects based on input/data from TS Project Managers
- Follow-up with the development and ‘enforcement” of the Symcor Project Management Methodology
- Audit project information for accuracy & integrity and compliance with Symcor Project Management Methodology
- Participate in project meetings, record assignments & update information
- Prepare and distribute project updates & reports
- Understand and apply the processes and templates published by the Project Office
- Assume other administrative responsibilities as required (e.g. assist with presentation preparation for monthly steering committee meetings, project reviews, etc.
- Assists project meetings to cross functional teams where required
- Prepares and distributes minutes of meetings and project reports
- Utilizes the processes and templates published by Project Management and Methodologies Services for project control.
- Good meeting management skills
- Good time management skills
- Highly developed organizational & interpersonal skills including the ability to solicit cooperation and resolve conflict
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Team oriented; action oriented, self motivated and delivery focused
- Level 1 Certification in Project Management in recognized PMI institution preferred
- Functional knowledge in manipulation of databases, charts & graphic tools
- Basic knowledge in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, MS Project, PowerPoint)
- Degree or Diploma in related discipline or 3+ years related experience preferred.
To apply, please click Apply Online or submit your resume by email to: OBUresume@bagg.com
View all of our job postings at www.bagg.com
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.