Project Manager/ Business Analyst
Mississauga, ON L5J 2M4
Project Manager/ Business Analyst
Type: Full Time-Permanent
Our client has asked Bagg Technology Resources to assist them in finding a Project Manager to join their team. The Project Manager will leverage their project management skills to efficiently manage project roles, identify resource requirements, manage budgets, status reporting, define project deliverables, and ensure the quality of projects.
This is an excellent opportunity to work for an organization that can help maximize your potential and develop your career.
- The candidate works with all levels at the Client to develop project scope from project initiation to project closure.
- The incumbent identifies the technical approach to be used on a given project and manages the system / infrastructure development process.
- In addition to documenting opportunities to integrate systems and resources to fulfill project requirements, ensures effective communications and working relationships are developed between the clients and project team members.
- Projects are completed within the established project plan, is delivered on budget on time.
- End-to-end ownership and accountability of the project. A true on-site, tactical leader. You will simultaneously be focused on the big picture and the details.
- Coordinating all of the key players on your team - BAs, developers, testers and third-party vendors - with the customer, ensuring everyone is aligned. You will be involved in the full SDLC and work across all teams to ensure we add value to the customer.
- Building out all of the key project management deliverables and processes. From Gant charts to detailed project plans. From documenting and assessing risks to change management strategies. From communication plans to budgets.
- Managing budgets. As part of project oversight, the PM will review and approve costs. This includes working closely with third party vendors to establish a strict scope and monitoring a set budget.
- Scheduling Sprint activities. Project deliverables need to be broken down, assigned and deployed by the Project Manager.
- Managing risks, evaluating - and re-evaluating change requests, maintaining the defined scope parameters. Both from a day-to-day perspective but also, from a long-term project perspective. You will be responsible for troubleshooting, anticipating and deploying solutions to issues as they arise.
- Participate in ongoing internal and/or external continuing education activities
- Participate in quality activities and continuous improvement initiatives in keeping with the company's Quality Management System
- Participates in proactive Health & Safety activities while performing all duties. Responsible to notify immediate Supervisor of any Health & Safety risks or concerns. Responsible for completing Accident Reports for all direct reports who injure themselves on the job, within 24 hours of the incident.
- Maintains confidentiality of client and corporate information and discusses same only with appropriate personnel
- Documenting requirements
- Documenting current/future state process flows
- Developing and managing project plans, managing issues/actions (via logs), and crafting all status update communications
- Supporting the business through testing (which may include creating test plans)
- Creating training documentation
- Complete other tasks as requested
- Post-secondary education in a relevant field (e.g. IT, Engineering, Business or Applied sciences) including formal Project Management Certification (PMP), and formal training in project management tools like Microsoft Project.
- A minimum of 5 years Project Management experience, within a PMO, leading Infrastructure and Software development projects.
- Proven and demonstrated experience managing the implementation and support of information technology projects.
- Demonstrated leadership skills to build, develop, motivate and supervise multi-disciplinary teams.
- Considerable knowledge of and ability to utilize current word processing, spreadsheet, collaboration software such as SharePoint, email and internet software.
- Waterfall and Agile experience
- Knowledge of current hardware and software technologies and uses, systems development lifecycle (SDLC), agile, iterative and Waterfall methodologies.
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills in order to build partnerships, build consensus and build effective working relationships with internal teams, clients and other stakeholders.
- Exceptional decision making and problem solving skills and is perceptive in order to anticipate opportunities or problems and present effective solutions.
- Proven and demonstrated experience working with Business Analysts.
- Exceptional communication skills, status reporting.
To apply, please click Apply Online or submit your resume by email to: PRAresume@bagg.com
View all of our job postings at www.bagg.com
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.