Mississauga, ON M5C 2B8
Type: FT Permanent
Our client, a leader in the insurance industry, has asked Bagg Technology Resources to assist them in finding a SQL DBA to join their team. The DBA will maintain, modify, upgrade, install and support the Client’s SQL Database environment both on premises and within our Azure tenant. The Client runs in a 24/7 environment. Some duties are required to be performed during off hours.
This is an excellent opportunity to work for an organization that can help maximize your potential and develop your career.
- Microsoft SQL 2012 and subsequent version administration
- Lead and perform SQL Environment upgrades in collaboration with the operations team
- Manage SQL Server databases through multiple product lifecycle environments, from development to mission-critical production systems
- Configure and maintain database servers and processes, including monitoring of system health and performance, to ensure high levels of performance, availability, and security
- Apply data modeling techniques to ensure development and implementation support efforts meet integration and performance expectations
- Independently analyze, solve, and correct issues in real time, providing problem resolution end-to-end
- Refine and automate regular processes, track issues, and document changes
- Provide 24x7 support for critical production systems
- Perform scheduled maintenance and support release deployment activities after hours
- Follow Information technology policies and procedures
- Share domain and technical expertise, providing technical mentorship and cross-training to other peers and team members
- Other duties as assigned.
- Completion of a related technical post-secondary diploma/degree
- 5+ years MS SQL Server Administration experience required
- Experience with Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO), using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools
- Knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for SQL Server
- Experience working with Windows server, including Active Directory
- Experience working with Azure SQL
- Experience with Data Warehousing and/or adhoc reporting
- Ability to think and adapt quickly to meet business needs
- Ability to maintain composure and instill confidence while managing multiple aspects of core business processes
To apply, please click Apply Online or submit your resume by email to: PRAresume@bagg.com
View all of our job postings at www.bagg.com
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.