Senior Developer (Data)
Mississauga, ON L5J 2M4
Senior Developer (Data)
Type: Full Time-Permanent
Our client has asked Bagg Technology Resources to assist them in finding a Senior Developer to join their team. The role of the Senior Developer is to expand the company’s use of data as a strategic enabler of corporate goals and objectives. The Senior Developer will achieve this by strategically designing, developing, and implementing data solutions, data marts, and data stores for enterprise-level applications and systems, while ensuring high levels of data availability. This individual is also responsible for defining data standards and models for data architectures.
This is an excellent opportunity to work for an organization that can help maximize your potential and develop your career.
- Develop integration packages connecting to on prem and external sources to interrogate, extract, load and transform (ETL/ELT) data utilizing MS SQL Server SSIS or other integration tools
- Develop and enhance code for tracking data quality, discrepancies, consistency, integrity, completeness, redundancy, and opportunities for improvement.
- Develop code from multiple data sources, with limited documentation, understand and interpreting data movement, user interfaces, and analytics opportunities, with the goal of delivering data to the business in a timely manner while ensuring the highest of data quality.
- Enhance and extended existing data stores.
- Develop data cubes using SSAS or other analysis tools
- Identify inefficiencies and gaps in current data architecture and implement best in class solutions.
- Work with project managers and reporting analysts for all projects, ad hoc requests and break fix involving enterprise data.
- Monitor and address data-related concerns in regard to systems integration, compatibility, and multiple-platform integration.
- Develop and implement key components as needed to create testing criteria in order to guarantee the fidelity and performance of data architecture.
- Update data architecture and environment documentation in order to maintain a current and accurate view of the larger data picture.
- Design and implement redundant systems, policies, and procedures for disaster recovery and data archiving to ensure effective availability, protection, and integrity of data assets.
- Identify and develop opportunities for data reuse, migration, and retirement.
- Manage data access and performance issues in accordance to current data governance policies and procedures.
- Install and configure relevant components to ensure data access.
- Update reporting server configurations and tune code for optimal performance.
- Monitor stored procedures, job execution time, and implement efficiency improvements.
- Develop, implement, and maintain change control and testing processes for modifications to data systems.
- Assist other developers, analysts, and designers in conceptualizing and developing data solutions;
- Provide expertise and support to end users and other members of the IT support team;
- Recommend, schedule, and perform software improvements and upgrades. Coordinate and work with other technical staff to develop database architectures
- Aid in the planning and implementing of capacity and resource expansion to ensure data solution scalability.
- Adhere to processes for governing the identification, collection, and use of corporate metadata; take steps to assure metadata accuracy and validity.
- Develop and promote data management methodologies and standards.
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
- College diploma or university degree in computer science, information systems, or computer engineering.
- Certifications in BI, Data Warehousing, MS SQL Server;
- 7+ years’ work experience as a data or information architect and developer.
- Hands-on experience with data architecting, data mining, large-scale data modeling, and business requirements gathering/analysis.
- Hands-on knowledge of enterprise repository tools, data modeling tools, data mapping tools and data profiling tools.
- Working technical experience with designing, building, installing, configuring and supporting multi-terabyte data solutions.
- Direct experience in implementing enterprise data management processes, procedures, and decision support.
- Strong understanding of relational data structures, theories, principles, and practices.
- Strong familiarity with metadata management and associated processes.
- Demonstrated expertise with repository creation, and data and information system life cycle methodologies.
- Experience with business requirements analysis, entity relationship planning, database design, reporting structures, and so on.
- Ability to manage data and metadata migration.
- Familiarity with in-house data-intensive applications, including Peoplesoft, MS NAV, CRM and Procura.
- Experience with database platforms, including MS SQL SERVER SSAS, SSRS, SSIS.
- Experience with data processing flowcharting techniques.
- Able execute tasks quickly with a high degree of quality
- Has a sense of urgency to complete tasks
- Highly self-motivated and self-directed.
- Accountable for on time delivery of work
- Results oriented
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Strong communication skills.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
To apply, please click Apply Online or submit your resume by email to: PRAresume@bagg.com
View all of our job postings at www.bagg.com
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.