Toronto, ON M5V 3J1 | Contract
Type: 6- Month Contract
Our client, a leader in the insurance industry, has asked Bagg Technology Resources to assist them in finding a strong SharePoint Developer to apply current graphics design and .NET technologies to develop, modify, and maintain SharePoint server portals. The successful candidate will work on site content and capabilities and provide daily onsite maintenance of the existing SharePoint Portals, participate in testing processes through test review and analysis, and test witnessing and certification of software. A certain degree of creativity is required.
This is an excellent opportunity to work for a large government organization that can help maximize your potential and develop your career while helping the people of Ontario.
- Work on software solutions by studying requirements analysis and information needs; conferring with stakeholders and IT Management; studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; performing software design using software development fundamentals and processes, debug, test, and deploy software solutions.
- Maintain key components of the software suite using Microsoft .Net, SharePoint Server 2010 and 2016.
- Work on SharePoint-based workflows as well as development of Business Intelligence dashboards.
- Document and demonstrate solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
- Build proof of concept examples or graphical simulation software. Maintain product test software and demos for training purposes.
- Protect operations by keeping information confidential
- Actively participate in product design reviews by providing creative and practical ideas and solutions in teamwork environment
- Other duties as required
- Experience programming in .NET 3.5, C#, ASP.NET ,T-SQL, C/C++, XLM. Experience with Visual Studio, SharePoint Designer, InfoPath, Web Parts, and workflow creation.
- Experience as a SharePoint Developer in the analysis, design, hands-on development and delivery of web-based applications.
- Experience using jQuery, Client Object Model, and Service Oriented Architecture.
- Experience with SharePoint’s application services framework including implementation, configuration, and usages of Search, Managed Metadata, and User Profile Services.
- Microsoft MCPD 70-576, SharePoint 2010/2013 Designing and Developing Applications certification is a plus but not required.
- Ability to write Stored Procedures, write complex SQL queries, and ability to analyze the SQLdata is desired.
- Experience with SQL Server Reporting Services, SQL Server Analysis Services, and/or SQL Server Integration Services a plus.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems; or related discipline is desired.
- Attention to detail and commitment to high quality/error free deliverables.
- Must be motivated, independent and self-sufficient. Able to receive an assigned task and see it through to completion with minimal supervision.
- Must have a strong programming background authoring well written, well documented, modular and clean code.
- Must be well organized, a good communicator, able to effectively prioritize tasks, and manage your projects from concept to production
- Must be able to write thorough and concise functional and design specifications as well as easily readable end user documentation.
- Must be well able to brainstorm with others, thrive in a collaborative team environment, multi task, and quickly adapt to change.
- Emphasizes personal and professional growth by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Must rely on project management experience and judgment to accomplish goals in a variety of tasks.
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
To apply, please click Apply Online or submit your resume by email to: LDAresume@bagg.com
View all of our job postings at www.bagg.com
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.