Toronto, ON M4H 1P1
Our client, a leader in the insurance industry, has asked Bagg Technology Resources to assist them in finding a Systems Administrator to join their team. As the Systems Administrator you will be responsible for maintaining current, as well as planning for future, cloud-based server, storage and network systems.
This is an excellent opportunity to work for a leading developer of innovative scientific assessments and technology solutions.
- Building, managing, and automating highly available server environments
- Expertise in supporting, maintaining and tuning a Microsoft Windows Server environment to ensure high availability and security
- Administration and maintenance of switching/routing and firewall infrastructure
- All aspects of datacenter and cloud infrastructure support, performance tuning, capacity management, hardware troubleshooting and system maintenance
- Maintain high level understanding of system security to harden systems including remote access
- Writing and maintaining technical documentation including network diagrams
- Disaster recovery planning and testing
- Minimum 6 or more years of experience in a Microsoft Server environment, supporting the following.
- Experience working with IaaS/Cloud services (Microsoft Azure, Amazon AWS, etc.) and interconnectivity between them and traditional networks
- Experience with configuring and troubleshooting Windows systems including services such as Active Directory, DNS, web servers (IIS)
- Experience with a variety of hypervisor and container virtualization technologies, such as Hyper-V
- Experience with reviewing and implementing security best practices in compliance to industry regulations (PCI-DSS, HIPPA, EU Data Privacy laws, etc)
- Group Policy Objects, domain controllers DHCP, DNS, IPSec
- MS-SQL Database Servers
- SCCM: implementation, reporting and deployment
- Windows security hardening
- Windows PKI and AD certificate services
- Direct working experience with enterprise scale cloud and data center consolidation, modernization, and/or virtualization environments
- Solid track record of deploying and automating self-scaling redundant infrastructure.
- Expert knowledge/ability in diagnosing network related issues using Cisco switching and Palo Alto firewalls
- Backup setup/management/restore experience
- Working knowledge of VLANs and Load-balanced networks
- Experience working with Network Monitoring systems
- Expert knowledge/ability in diagnosing network related issues
To apply, please click Apply Online or submit your resume by email to: PRAresume@bagg.com
View all of our job postings at www.bagg.com
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.