Toronto, ON M3C 3K5 | Direct Hire
Type: Full-time Permanent
Our client, a major global organization in the solutions industry, has asked Bagg Technology Resources to assist them in finding a Systems Engineer to join their team on a full-time permanent basis. The Systems Engineer will perform the tasks and duties to maintain a global system of servers and storage that hosts the client’s applications. The Systems Engineer will respond to support requests and incidents, troubleshoot to resolution and investigate root cause analysis. They will recommend technical configurations and operations procedures to continually improve the performance of the client’s systems. The Systems Engineer will provide reports on the health of the server infrastructure, including security compliance and capacity management.
- Configure, manage and support the client’s server and storage infrastructure to support business applications
- Configure, manage and support server and storage hardware and firmware by designing standard configurations, maintaining currency, updating inventory and configuration databases, and responding to requests and incidents
- Configure, manage and support operating systems by designing standard configurations, maintaining currency, updating inventory and configuration databases, and responding to requests and incidents
- Configure, manage and support global virtualized and cloud business systems by designing standard configurations, maintaining currency, updating inventory and configuration databases, and responding to requests and incidents
- Configure and manage patch updates and software deployment packages
- Configure and manage automated monitoring for infrastructure and business applications
- Support the Security Team to remediate vulnerabilities including zero day threats as they occur
- Work with other teams to implement business and infrastructure projects – server and storage architecture, resource provisioning, software installations, application troubleshooting etc.
- Create and maintain documentation, including standards, network diagrams, drawings and deployment plans
- Participate in the troubleshooting and resolution of system and application incidents and problems
- Analyze root cause for server and application problems
- Share 7x24x365 on-call responsibilities with other team members
- Provide infrastructure metrics for team and executive reporting.
- Participate in infrastructure and application Disaster Recovery design, setup and testing exercises
- Other duties may be assigned
- 10+ years of operational experience working as a Systems Engineer in a mostly Windows Server environment
- Ability to independently perform system support responsibilities for environment build and maintenance, on call support and change requests including outside of business hours
- Expert knowledge of Windows server 2003 – 2016, Microsoft MCSE (Server Infrastructure) certification is an advantage
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory infrastructure – GPO management, OU structure management, multiple geographically dispersed domain controller management
- Excellent knowledge of VMWare vCenter (5.1, 5.5, 6.5), certification is an advantage
- Good knowledge of Citrix Presentation server 4.5 and XenApp (5.0, 7.6), certification is an advantage
- Demonstrated experience of storage management (Netapp and EMC preferred)
- Good experience working with Microsoft Distributed File System (DFS)
- Good experience with monitoring tools, patch updates and software deployment packages (Solarwinds preferred, but not essential).
- Experience implementing and administering common TCP/IP-based services, including DNS, DHCP, HTTP, SSH, SMTP
- Experience with enterprise antivirus management (Kaspersky preferred but not essential)
- Knowledge of installing and supporting Linux servers in a production environment
- Knowledge of ITIL best practices
- Knowledge of disaster recovery design, setup and testing exercises
- Experience using incident management tools to document hardware and software defects and resolution
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work with minimal to no supervision, and provide proactive updates to the leadership team.
- Ability to foster a team environment through transparency and collaboration
- Ability to multi-task in a dynamic working environment.
Click 'Apply Online' or send your resume by email to OBUresume@bagg.com.
View all of our job postings at www.bagg.com
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.