Technical Manager-ecommerce IT
Toronto, ON M3C 4H9
Technical Manager-ecommerce IT
Type: FT Permanent
Our Client has asked Bagg Technology Resources to assist them in finding a Technical Manager to join their team. As a Technical Manager e-commerce IT, you will play a key role in determining how e-commerce will evolve at the Organization within the next 3 years. You will drive vast programs that spans multiple engineering teams and product management teams. This position oversees and directs several full time and contract associates in the development, implementation and ongoing support of the Organization’s existing and new software applications and hardware platforms.
This is an excellent opportunity to work for organization that can help maximize your potential and develop your career.
- Owns and manages key functional areas and tracks the progress of multiple projects on the e-commerce platform. Projects are cross functional from Search, Path to Purchase, Architectural and Fulfillment. Search will be key focus area of ownership and delivery.
- Drive technology roadmap and direction for our core search platform, exhibiting strong strategy, execution, design, and analytics skills.
- Delivery Ownership of Functional projects and technology roadmap projects using agile scrum methodology.
- Build relationships across core engineering teams and our search product teams to drive technology roadmap and business roadmaps hand to hand.
- Project management and administration that include work plans, projects, resource planning, status reports, and preparing annual budgets.
- Resolves information services problems by analyzing issues, discerning the most appropriate courses of action, providing tactical direction and, when necessary, re-allocating resources.
- Conducts financial analyses to support strategic planning on system purchases, upgrades and reclamation. Negotiates favourable prices with vendors on hardware and software.
- Communicates status of activities with the team, peers, management, and end users.
- Selects, develops and motivates assigned staff. Annual goal-setting and reviews of assigned staff
- Other duties as required
- Extensive experience in an Ecommerce and related Platforms.
- B.S. in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or equivalent experience.
- 8+ years of software engineering, systems engineering or technical product/program management experience.
- 2+ years of IT Management experience with direct reports.
- 2+ years of Agile Scrum experience at Scrum Master capacity.
- Experience with project delivery for large, cross-functional projects with large-scale systems of world-class availability, scalability, and performance requirements.
- Experience with Cloud technologies
- Experience operating autonomously across multiple teams, demonstrated critical thinking, and thought leadership.
- Experience establishing work relationships across multi-disciplinary teams and multiple partners in different time zones.??
To apply, please click Apply Online or submit your resume by email to: PRAresume@bagg.com
View all of our job postings at www.bagg.com
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.