zOS DB2 Database Administrator
Toronto, ON M5V 3J1 | Contract
zOS DB2 Database Administrator
Type: 7-Month Contract
Our client, a leader in the insurance industry, has asked Bagg Technology Resources to assist them in finding a zOS DB2 Database Administrator to join their prestigious team on a contractual basis.
This is an excellent opportunity to work for a large government organization that can help maximize your potential and develop your career while helping the people of Ontario.
Work with management to provide technical expertise and leadership in the building, constructing and delivery of technology-enabled application database, products, and high quality services that adhere to quality management and development standards. This includes:
- Assisting with the detailed solutions to business/technical issues and ensure that design specifications meet architecture and requirements specifications and that development schedules are also met
- Assisting with the solution recommendations that have potential business/process automation impact and organization/financial impact;
- Assisting in the high quality technical documentation, presenting it clearly to interested parties, and providing knowledge transfer to team members.
Interact with the technical teams by:
- Providing feedback to architecture or high-level solution designs, plans, requirements, testing and change/implementation review and walkthroughs
- Integrating system solutions to handle confidential data/information and transfers between the Client and service providers
- Performing system installations, DB2 Upgrades, and software testing
- Translating logical data model to physical data model
- Building and implementing efficient databases
- Conducting technical and detailed design walkthroughs and code reviews
- Functioning in a support capacity to provide isolation and resolution of software issues and providing recommendations and communicating options for resolution of software issues.
Collaborate with project or support teams by;
- Defining data models and processing models based on the business requirements in order to meet the needs of the organization's information requirements and helping to determine data requirements, normalization, structure and distribution.
- Participating in defects meetings
- Supporting all testing, creating code drop release notes and the implementation of development components.
- Providing timely reporting on work progress status to the project manager, team lead and/or manager.
- Following the software development methodology (agile) and databases standards
- Other duties as required
- University degree in computer science, engineering or equivalent.
- 10+ years’ experience in design, build, configure, deploy, support, and maintenance of Enterprise database solutions
- 8+ years working experience with zOS DB2 V9/10/11, SUPRA Databases
- 5+ years’ experience in developing & troubleshooting business applications supported by DB2 and SUPRA databases
- 8+ years’ solid experience, proficient technical skills and knowledge in Z/OS, CICS, JCL, JES2, TSO/ISPF, COBOL, CLIST/REXX, SMP/E, RACF/TSS, DFHSM
- 8+ years’ hands on experience and sound ability in software installation and DB2 migration (Upgrade)
- Strong knowledge of DB2 Connect on all platforms
- Working knowledge of DB2 LUW, TCP/IP, JDBC, ODBC
- Strong troubleshooting capability
- Good communication skills to interact with business users, functional and technical teams and other SMEs.
- Strong knowledge sharing and knowledge transferring skills
- Ability to work in an environment of high growth and constant challenges.
- Good team player who takes instructions, can work in a fast pace project team with good listening skills
To apply, please click Apply Online or submit your resume by email to: LDAresume@bagg.com
View all of our job postings at www.bagg.com
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.